Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adoption Update - April 29

Hello again,

Ok, so I just posted an update that I wrote on a different online journal on April 19. Now, here's a bit more information.

Part of the paperwork we still need to finish for the dossier includes a psychological evaluation. Our agency recommended a doctor in Los Angeles who has actually adopted from Colombia as well and is willing to work with potential parents like us to provide the psych evaluation. Last week, we put together the initial information and mailed it off, so now that process has begun and we now wait to hear back from her. I believe there will be some written testing involved, plus some phone conversations - I so look forward to this piece being over!

When we didn't hear back from our social worker after a week, I sent an email inquiry - just wondering how things were coming... She wrote back and said that it's likely they will assign us different social worker in order to keep the process moving forward (I guess this gal is already overwhelmed since they are quite busy with about 80 families in the process, I believe). We should hear back today what they decided to do with us and who our social worker will be.

I leave for Latvia two weeks from today, so it would be wonderful to have this step completed before then. I'm not sure if that's possible, but we'll see. I'm very ready to be done with all this paperwork (although I know there's more to come to finalize everything, but that's later!).

So, that's where we're at for now. Next task: Clean the house!!! (For the social worker's "inspection" - yikes!!) ;-)

No comments: