Monday, December 29, 2008

I almost forgot...

I knew I was forgetting something when I was writing that long catch-up post yesterday! Indeed, there was another project that was filling our time during October, November and early December - painting the kids' rooms!! Plus, I even tried my hand at a bit of sewing and made curtains for the two rooms. We had emptied the rooms completely, and have now only put the beds back in so they still look a bit empty, but we wanted to see how things were starting to look together. We are pleased so far, if we do say so ourselves. ;-)

For her...

For him...

You probably can't see the fabric for the curtains so well - hers have white polka-dots on the lilac background; his have blue and green window-pane check on a white background. Oh, and no, I didn't make any of the bedding - K-Mart & Martha Stewart get the credit for that!!

So now the painting and sewing is done - well, almost. Jeff is working to repair a couple of dressers and desks which will, of course, need to be painted. But things are coming along and it's been fun even doing the bits that we've worked on so far. Hope the kids will like them! :-)

2 comments:

janine said...

Those curtains are amazing!

The rooms look great . . . it won't be long until your kids are enjoying them!!

Ellen said...

Beautiful Jennie!