Since lots of people keep asking, I thought I'd just quickly check in and give an update. Here it is:
Nothing has changed. We are still just waiting. ;-)
As I understand it from the approximate timeline we received from our agency, today begins the third week our dossier has been in the review process with ICBF in Colombia. We haven't heard anything from them as yet, but originally we were told they allow themselves four weeks to process a dossier request for older kids (like ours!) so I guess that could mean we're halfway there?? Of course, if they were to finish early it wouldn't hurt our feelings a bit!! :-)
In the meantime, we recently had the joy of following along with our dear friends (via Facebook) on their journey to India to bring home their second Indian daughter. They are home now and their first few days seem to have gone well. It gave us a taste of what we have to look forward to, and what we hope will happen perhaps a few months from now.
So, that's all we know. In other news, it's been quite chilly here (granted, it is winter!) - it was about 30F this morning - but we've also had sunny and beautiful days with clear, starry nights so that's not bad. We had a small change in Jeff's work schedule - his weekly hours were reduced from 40 to 32, meaning he's working basically the same schedule as I am: Monday - Thursday, 8 hours a day. This was supposed to start last week, but it turned out they worked on Friday anyway, so we'll see how this week goes. It's supposed to be temporary, just until some of the jobs make it through the pipeline from the office to the shop. Hopefully, that will be true.
That's probably enough for now. If we get any news, I'll be sure to let you know! :-)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Watching your journey and getting very excited for you!
Post a Comment