Greetings!
I see I haven't posted since May - hmm, let's see if I can recap the highlights from the past few months.
When I last wrote, we were trying to set up the appointments with our social worker to complete our home study. Those meetings did indeed happen - one evening we drove to her office in Vancouver, WA (about 2 hours from our home), and then she came to our house the following Saturday. Although we were a bit nervous, we actually enjoyed our meetings, perhaps because they finished a big step in our paperwork process.
We received the home study report a couple of weeks or so later and then made plans to drive to Yakima, WA to complete our I-600A application. (We were advised that if we went in person to add our home study to our application and have our fingerprints done, it would cut off as much as a month's time waiting for our I-171H. It was true - we received it just a few weeks later!
Meanwhile, in the June Noticiero from our agency (the monthly newsletter they send out via email), we discovered two waiting children that we are now hoping and praying will be ours! They are an older brother and sister and after reading their bios we felt that they were amazing kids who would be a good fit in our family. We prayed about them, and talked with another family who adopted from Colombia (so they could give us a realistic picture of what we might have ahead of us). Near the end of July, we finally submitted our letter to ICBF (the children's welfare agency in Colombia) requesting to be these kids' adoptive parents!! Then we continued on to finish the last few documents for our dossier.
Now we get to a little wrinkle in the process. However, it is very late and I need to head for bed so I'll have to tell you the rest of the story later. Hasta luego! ;-)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So, what's the wrinkle??
Post a Comment