According to the little weather thingy (look - it's over there - on the right sidebar), the weather in Colombia today is a pleasant 64 degrees F and "feels like" 75 F with calm winds. (I've never quite gotten their "feels like" thing, but whatever.)
This is quite unlike our current 52 F (granted that's not that cold compared to what we've had recently) and definitely NOT calm winds this morning. It's blowing and raining and did I mention blowing! Just another reason to be wishing we were in Colombia!! ;-)
As for actual adoption news, our agency told us that our home study update went to Colombia on Jan. 2 and is now in translation. It will go to ICBF next week and then we just wait for our approval. Probably several more weeks of waiting ahead of us, but hey, we're getting good at it! And, oh joy, we'll get to re-do our employment and medical letters and FBI clearances (and pay the associated fees that go with them) for the third time as they will expire again in February.
In the end, of course, it will all be worth it but it sure would be nice if the timing would work out a bit better so we didn't have to keep doing these things over and over. Oh well - enough whining. ;-) Many other more fun things to think about like what kinds of things to put in the kids' rooms and wonder what their interests will be, etc., etc. :-) Adios for now!
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Jennie,
The weather here in Senegal is also nice, much like Columbia. Last night I was outside talking with my sister (via the internet) and it was getting chilly, I had on a light sweatshirt and everything. Just for fun I checked to see what the current weather was, it was 70 degrees...I am getting goose bumps at 70 degrees, how funny eh?
Loves,
C
Thank you for always leaving such encouraging comments on my blog. I'm praying for you, too and hope your wait comes quickly to an end!
Jennie,
What a great blog! I'm so excited to read someone else's blog that I actually know! It makes it so much easier to know how to pray for your FAMILY. :-) Keep it up. :-)
~Kathryn
Post a Comment