On Feb. 23, 2009, Julie notified us that our dossier was now approved for two siblings up to 12 years old, and that it had been sent to the Boyaca Regional Office in or near Tunja (a city a couple of hours north-ish from Bogota). Woohoo! Things are moving now!
She also said it's time to start getting our FBI clearances and medical letters updated because she didn't think it would be long before we would have an assignment of kids! And she was right, of course.
On Monday, March 2, Julie called me to say... We have been assigned to two siblings!!!! An 8-year-old boy and 11-year-old girl... And that's all she knew! Well, until Wednesday morning (March 4) when I received an email with the kids' names and the text of the letter stating these kids were assigned to us on Feb. 20.
We are still waiting for photos and their bio/psych/social information, so if you'll bear with us, we're going to keep the names to ourselves for just a little while longer until we have a chance to read the reports on them. In the meantime, you can pray for us in these next steps in the process - I think things are really going to start moving now and I can only hope to be ready enough.
The tentative word from Julie is that we might be traveling in mid-to-end of April?? Yes, I know, that's just six or eight weeks away!!!
So, the updated FBI clearances have been requested and the doctor's appointment is made. Now we wait just a bit more to find out the story on these kids and where we go from here.
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support - it means the world to us! :-)
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh, wow, so exciting!!
I can't wait to hear their names and see their pictures! What a great adventure you are on . . .
Yipee, let the new chapter begin! Congrats, can't wait for more info!
Woo hoo!! :) Congrats!
So exciting!!!
Congratulations!!!
-jake and beka
Can't wait to see the pictures of your kids. How exciting! Congratulations and soak every minute of it in. It's the most amazing thing you will ever do!
Traci
I am soooo excited for you guys! Becoming parents in an instant w/0 the 9 months to think about it is a wild and fun ride.
Keep me posted
Jeff & Jenny,
Our family lives in Boyaca, and my sister in law's cousin is the director in Sogamoso ICBF. I can't wait to hear more.
Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Hey there Jennie and Jeff, Further to seeing your post on GW, here I am!! Wow! What tremenduous mews!! Am genuinely thrilled all is going smoothly! We will keep you in our prayers as the good news keeps rolling in!
Take care and good luck you guys!
Best to you both at this exciting time!
Paul and family
Post a Comment