Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We said "Yes!"

It didn't take long to decide. We read the bio/psych/social profile and stared at the photo. We read the report again. We talked and prayed. We made ourselves at least "sleep on it."

And then... We said, "YES!!" :-)

Last night, we sent to CHI via email our acceptance letter to bring Andrea Johana (age 11) and Juan Felipe (age 8) into our family! Nichole said the letter will be translated and sent to Lucia in Colombia today so she can hand it in to ICBF!! We're on our way now!

On Wednesday morning, I will take our medical and FBI clearance letters to be apostilled and then send them on to Nichole. She is working on an email to give us the rundown on the next steps we need to be working on - back on the paperwork treadmill we go, it seems. Oh boy!

We are tentatively looking to travel at the end of April and presumably be in Colombia for most of the month of May, depending on how long things really take in the process. I know it varies and could be anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. And then we come home and the adventure really begins!! :-)

The next few weeks will be a whirlwind of details and travel preparation, I'm sure, and then we'll be on a plane headed for Colombia to meet our precious niños! I don't want it to go too fast (so I can get everything done), but at the same time I want it to hurry and be time to go!

But, for the moment, it's time to "go" get ready for work. Have a great day!

5 comments:

scotty and crystal said...

WOW, I know you guys have been working on this for FOREVER, but all of a sudden it seems so FAST!!! We are both so happy for you guys and April??? That's coming right up.

We love you guys, can't wait to meet the kids.

Loves,
Crys

janine said...

This is so exciting!

Our daughter is Shirley JOHANA and we have a JUAN, too! So cool!

Congratulations!!

The Jensen Family said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.

Laura S said...

That's awesome! Congratulations to you all.

THE CALDERARO'S said...

How exciting! Our congrats to you, the proud new parents. Safe travels.