Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A & J are OURS!!! :-)

Yesterday, I received the call from Nichole to say that ICBF had "accepted our acceptance letter" which means that Andrea and Juan are really ours!!! :-D

We are scheduled to meet them for the first time at 11 AM on April 27 in Chiquinquirá (about 3 hours away from Bogotá)!! Therefore, we are aiming to depart the USA on April 25 - our last time to go anywhere as just a "couple." (Well, ok, maybe not the last time, but you know what I mean!)

And now, I can finally share a photo of them with you! Aren't they beautiful?? :-)


We are so excited to meet them and hope they will feel the same. We are praying for them as they face this huge transition in their lives and we can't wait for them to be part of our family.

But for now, of course, there is the paperwork for our visas to be completed, and plane tickets to be arranged, and details to take care of for while we'll be gone, and work projects to finish up... Yikes! What am I doing writing on this blog - I have things to do!! ;-)

18 comments:

janine said...

Wow, they are so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Best wishes to you as you prepare for this next step in the journey!!

Dan and Karen said...

Oh, they are beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes for getting everything ready.

Kimberly said...

What beautiful children! Congratulations!! You must be bursting with joy. Praying for you as you begin the journey to bring them home.

Erin said...

oh my goodness they are truly gorgeous children!Congratulations and blessings on your preparations!

Colombian Mommy said...

I got your message. Feel free to contact me at

orgullochibcha AT yahoo DOT com

Tim said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Shirt'n'Tie said...

Hey there Jen and Jeff!

Wow, congratulations. This is just the beginning of a wonderful life long journey! Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with all four of you!!!!

Well done, and congrats again!!

Shirt'n'Tie

Laura S said...

They are beautiful. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Beth said...

Oh Boy Oh Boy! They are beautiful! Congrats! Many Blessings, Beth

More Dorrs said...

Congrats!!!

-Beka

Kathryn said...

Woo Who!!! They look smart too. :-) WAY TO EXCITING!!! Praying for your family! :-) ~Kathryn~

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're smiling alot these days! A beaming Mami and Papi! They are beautiful!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!!

shane said...

Congratulations! How absolutley wonderful. They are beautiful! Blessings as you make your final plans.

The Jensen Family said...

They are beyond beautiful and look very close to each other. I am so happy for you all and can't wait for the big day. Enjoy your last bit of time together before becoming Mami and Papi forever!

Traci

THE CALDERARO'S said...

What fabulous news! So many new happy families. Your children are adorable, praying for a safe trip and smooth transition.

The Guy and The Girl said...

Hooray! Congratulations Momma!

Genece said...

I've been out of blogland for a month now, and wow did I miss things. Just catching up and so happy to see your beautiful children. Can't wait to follow along with your journey as you unite and form the many lifelong memories as your family forms and bonds.