Well, I guess things were going too smoothly?
We received our passports back on Friday, with our freshly-issued Colombian adoption visas affixed inside. As I excitedly examined them, I noticed that our birthdates were written in different formats. One had the month/day/year and the other had the day/month/year. Now, I know that other countries sometimes use the latter format even when writing the dates with numbers, but I was pretty sure they should have both been the same - whichever format they were using.
Unfortunately, it was too late to call the consulate (they close at 2 PM) and it was also too late to call Nichole at CHI. So, I sent her an email and figured I'd just have to wait until Monday (today), thinking it through a bit that in theory if we had to FedEx the passports back to the consulate today, they'd have it Tuesday morning and if they can fix it right away and send it back we should be able to have them back by Friday. Oh, did I mention we are leaving our house on Friday afternoon?
Yep, it turns out that's exactly what needs to happen. Nichole called me this morning and told me that, yes, one of them is wrong but we're not sure which one! I need to call the consulate this morning (they open in about 20 minutes), find out which way it was supposed to be, FedEx the one that's wrong and tell them we are leaving on Friday and need to have it back by then, por favor!!
So, instead of going to work this morning, I'll be taking care of this "bump in the road" and giving FedEx more of our money! ;-) Thankfully, my supervisor was wonderfully understanding (which I knew she would be)! I'm hoping we don't need another set of photos and an application, but if that should be the case, then I hope it's mine that's wrong because it would be harder for Jeff to get off work this morning to do all that.
Ok, so that's the news for today. Otherwise, the sun is shining and it's supposed to be around 80F today (it was pretty close to that yesterday), so that's a welcome change from the cold, rainy spring weather we've had so far. Hope you have a great day wherever you are!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment