Friday, April 17, 2009

One week to go!!!

Last night we had our travel prep phone call with Nichole - nearly 3 hours! Bless her heart (with the time difference between Oregon and Missouri, I know it was realllllly late for her by the time we finished). Good and helpful information though.

As of today, we are eight days from our early-morning departure on April 25. We will actually leave home next Friday evening and spend part of a night in a hotel near the airport, thanks to a generous friend, so that we can hopefully catch a few hours' sleep before heading to the airport at 4 AM for our 6:05 AM flight! And then we're off to Bogotá by way of Atlanta and the adventure really begins!!

Still feeling like there is LOTS to do but slowly coming to the realization that I won't be able to get it all done. That feels a bit discouraging, but in actuality, it probably doesn't all have to be done - I just want it to be done. ;-) Oh well. As my dad used to say, "A hundred years from now, no one will know the difference" so I guess I'll just do what I can and try to be satisfied with that.

So, better keep this short and get busy with my to-do list. Have a great weekend!! :-)

5 comments:

scotty and crystal said...

Wow guys, this is SO exciting!!! You will have a great time, can't wait to meet the kiddos.
loves,
Crys

Jeff and Jennie :-) said...

Thanks, Crystal! :-)

Erin and Paul said...

I just saw your comment on our blog and wanted to reply. Erin and I were only in Bogota overnight , but as far as Pasto (and I'm sure Bogota goes) wear jeans, shorts , kilts or whatever you're comfortable in. No one seems to care or notice at all. I've been wearing shorts I bought here and t- shirts (motorhead, CBGB's etc.) and its not a problem, although I obviously dress up for any appointments. Otherwise I'd say be comfortable. If its what you wear around the house your kids might as well get used to it now!
Congrats, Paul Crowley

Jeff and Jennie :-) said...

Thanks, Paul! Appreciate the input. Guess CHI needs to update their recommendations a bit? ;-)

The Jensen Family said...

Jeff and Jennie~ I am getting so excited for you all! You are about to embark on the most amazing experience you could ever ask for. Although it's been almost a year (May 19) since we got our kids and were in Bogota, it seems like yesterday, and ironically, we will be celebrating our son's birthday with him for the first time on the day you leave. I saw that you had commented about dress on the Crowley's blog. In Bogota, I wore jeans and capris every day and my husband wore jeans and sweats. Things are very casual in Bogota so take whatever is comfortable. Other than integracion and sentencia, there were no reasons to have anything remotely dressy. I would also suggest a few sleeveless shirts as well as short-sleeves and long sleeves. You will experience being chilly as well as hot (on the days the sun comes out which is not even 50% of the time). We stayed at El Refugio and wore shorts around there, too. We also took our family to Cartegena for a week just to get away while paperwork was being done. There, you can wear anything--shorts, swimsuit cover-ups--in public. If you have the financial means to do that, I would highly recommend it. It's an amazing adventure, too! But don't settle for a 3 or 4 star hotel. It's best to find a 5-star. ALthough it's quite a bit more expensive, it's much more westernized and things are very clean and not so suspicious. ; ) We stayed at the Hilton and you can go to our blog at www.lafamiliadejensen.blogspot.com and see tons of pictures. It's a beautiful place!!! Enjoy your last week at home getting ready for the big day. I'll be thinking of you all!

Traci