Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feeling the stress...

Greetings!

I think I've already mentioned that this is a crazy week, work-wise. I work for a small non-profit organization and this coming Friday and Saturday are our annual fund-raising banquets. (Plus we have two other events happening the same weekend!) Granted, these are small events - less than 100 people at each one - but we also have a very small (and already overworked) staff of...count them...two! (Well, ok, three when you count the boss...) ;-) So, suffice to say there is LOTS to be done and I'm feeling a bit under-prepared at this point. In the end, I know it will all come together but today...

But aside from work, I'm also worried about the ICBF questions that are still hanging over our heads. We made one attempt at answering them, but apparently we need to try to be more specific in our responses (to "flesh it out" more, Julie said). Knowing that we are currently the holdup in our adoption process, and worrying about how our delay in responding might be affecting ICBF's impression of us, and also knowing that I simply do not and will not have the mental or physical energy to work on this until after this weekend... well, yeah, that's adding a bit to my stress level these days.

Presuming I survive the next five days (I fully expect to - don't be alarmed), hopefully then life will settle down at least a little. Of course, there's still the follow-up from the banquets, several mailings to get out, the ICBF questions to finish, the rooms to finish (oh wait - that's a fun task!), etc., etc.!! It really never ends!

(And obviously I know that I am not the only one in the world with a crazy-busy schedule... I guess that's kinda just life sometimes, isn't it? Just need to unload a little, and after all, isn't that part of what blogging is all about?)

Hope you all are having a great week! :-)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yep, I think that's EXACTLY what blogging's all about! ;) Hope everything goes smoothly for you with your busy week and you can settle in to flesh out those answers really soon.

scotty and crystal said...

Hey Jennie,
Hope the banquets and such go well. I feel your pain, I am sure the adoption questions will be fine, what is it Almers said? If it weren't for deadlines we wouldn't get anything done.
Thinking of you and Jeff,
Loves,
Crystal and Scotty