I drove to the CHI office that used to be in the cute yellow house in Troutdale, Oregon and dropped off our initial application forms to begin our adoption journey. I met Caroleana and Julie and we chatted a bit about the kids we hoped to bring into our family. Although I was a little nervous, these wonderful ladies put me immediately at ease and I knew our decision to work with CHI was the right one.
Now, a year later, we are still waiting to find out who the kids are that will eventually join our family. I don't say that as any kind of complaint for the length of time - I know other families have waited much longer and some continue to wait. Frankly, I've already determined that I must be a strange breed because I really don't mind the wait so much. Certainly we are eager to meet our kids, but we also know we have a lot to do to prepare for their arrival. If we get to the stage where we think we are "ready" and we still haven't heard who they are or when they're coming home, well, then I might feel differently about waiting! ;-)
So, we continue forward. There's painting and room decorating to do; those additional questions from ICBF still to answer; and parenting skills to study. Not to mention the continuing routine of going to work each day and doing the "regular" tasks of life.
It's only been a year. I suspect the coming year will be much different, but we'll just wait and see.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Jan in Alaska
I can totally relate to being OK waiting. I have three children and know I am getting in deep by adotping more. We should be going in the next 6 to 8 weeks though! Yea! God Bless you. I will be following along.
I agree with Jan . . . the wait was ok for me because we had so much to do to prepare. But once you hear about YOUR kids, you can't wait to get there . . . and the four weeks you have FLIES!! Best wishes to you on your journey! I can't wait to see who your kids are!!
Post a Comment