Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A word from Colombia...

Ok, don't get too excited.

Julie wrote yesterday to say that ICBF has requested an update - meaning they have a few clarifying questions regarding our home study. Very broadly, they want to know more about how we will deal with behaviors resulting from kids who have been abandoned, perhaps abused, lived for an extended time in an orphanage, etc. They want to know how we are preparing for these issues, and specific things we might do to handle things that might (will) come up.

We'll have to think about this for a couple of days, as these are not simple questions, especially for us with zero parenting experience. We have lots of great resources, however, in both books and people around us, so I'm sure we'll be able to sort out some answers for them. I think. ;-)

Alrighty, off to work I go.

2 comments:

Christy said...

And the similarities continue...

:) Seriously, we need to get together or something. Haha.

God bless as you put your thoughts together.

Jeff and Jennie :-) said...

Really? You had the same questions to answer? Wow! :-)